Saturday, January 28, 2012

Keep moving

  As a sales person, we have to always be focused on moving forward.

Of course this means moving forward in our sales production, but there are other areas where we have to be focused on forward progress as well.

1. Move forward with your learning

       We need to understand the value of information  . and the momentum that in produces in our lives
    When I was a young person I witnessed a book burning.  (for those of you that have never seen one, this is where a group of people get together and burn a book that opposes their ideals )  My mother took me by the hand, pulled me aside and whispered in my ear.  "Donnie there is no such thing as a bad book!"  now I am older and I know that she painted with a broad brush, but the message was, that there is knowledge to be found in books, and I needed to look for it.
     This exchange launched a life time of reading in me, I read constantly.  books, articles, white papers, magazines, just anything I can get my hands on.  I have learned that training materials are like chicken, you have to eat the meat and throw out the bones.
  I happen to enjoy and value reading , but maybe you prefer videos, or CD's  The point is the same, move forward with your learning.

2. Move forward with personal improvement

    Work on you !!  Stay healthy, get a good nights sleep . eat well.  All the knowledge in the world will fail to produce results if you cant function physically.
In my humble opinion , you will do well to avoid over indulgence in alcohol and other recreational intoxicants.  If you are hindered at work by your activities at night, you are costing yourself valuable earning opportunities.

3. Move forward in your vision

    Many people set a goal, and when they achieve that goal they figure that they have succeeded and now they are done. 
     The  thing about reaching the top is that there is always another top to reach.   The best among us know the driving force that a personal goal can provide.  Always be looking for a new vision, a new target to reach, challenge yourself to move onward and upward.

4. Help someone else move forward
    One measure of success is how many lives you influence along the way. I want you to experience true success as a Sales person.  Help your team mates to keep moving forward .  The rewards of this cannot be measured in simple dollars .  It will me measured in life long affiliations, a great reputation, and an attitude of grattitude .


Sell like your living depends on it
Donnie
   





No comments:

Post a Comment